Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Dec 12 eviction date

Yeah, I'm getting induced. Not entirely thrilled about it, but it is necessary and I don't wish to risk him any longer in there. He wiggles about and stretches out my tum like he's restless, yet he won't come out on his own. Stubborn baby.

I'll be honest, I'm scared shitless for tomorrow. I spent the last 3 years yearning for our baby, the pregnancy, and all the joys that come with it. Now that the final result is literally around the corner, I can't help but be ridden with anxiety.

-Holy shit, I'm going to be a mother!
-What if I cannot get my baby to stop crying? Does that make me a crap mother?
-I can burp him by supporting his head and doing it over the shoulder? Why in the world would you want to do it over your lap?
-My husband is on board to be hands on, I hope he doesn't bail to his parent's home when it starts to get rough.

I've read those baby books, but my head is still spinning with information. Everyone has a different opinion or way of going about raising their child. I know how to be infertile and am quite educated on the matter, I just don't know how to be a mother. Frankly, I can read every piece of literature on the subject and still feel ignorant!

Alright, I need to stop psyching myself out. I'll be fine. Hopefully.

5 comments:

  1. eeeeeeekkk!!!!!

    so thrilled for you. You will be amazing.

    12/12/13 is a pretty awesome date of birth....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. (and one thats the same in both the UK and the US!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it makes you feel better, those are the same anxieties I have, lol. You're going to be fabulous. You're going to pop him out like no man's business once you're induced!

    So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jackie, what you're feeling is 100% normal. If anything, it shows you don't underestimate the transition to parenthood and are prepared for the chang. In your life. You're conscientious and determined. I know you will make an awesome mother. I love you and I'm so excited for you. Your wee Scottish baby gift is currently winging over... You'll probably get it once you're home with your wee boy.
    Trust yourself, you can do this xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait for pics!! Hope you're settling into mommy life. :)

    ReplyDelete