Friday, December 6, 2013

No baby, just yet.

The wee one wants to stay in there and keep eating such good food. Lol. I'm going to discuss an eviction date Monday with the OB, as they won't let me go past the 14th.

Nursery is completely finished. I'm just waiting on some storage bins to arrive and we need to take a second look at a rocking recliner. My father's house renovations are coming along nicely. I don't mind painting as it is water based, but hopefully he hires someone to do the carpet. I can't be bothered, as I know squat about carpentry. Our room is still under construction, so we're shacking up with his parents for a little while.

I've been getting on with MIL just fine.....until..........she told me one night the reason I was pregnant was because of God. Also, her and her church group had been praying for the pregnancy. Now because of dealing with IF for so long, my faith has been flushed down the loo. I felt that was such a patronizing thing to say! That's fine, if she wants to believe that. Just don't force your comments onto me, when I say it was sheer dumb luck. Anatomically, a sufficient amount of sperm (when my husband's count is low) aided one sperm penetrating the ova. Timing was finally accurate. How that happened after 3 years, I don't know. But I wouldn't solely say it was all God. I asked God everyday for 2 years. Infertility was breaking me and my marriage down. He never answered. Thus I figured he had more important requests or was just outright ignoring me. That's when my faith went down the shitter.

Anyways, I've been very lucky to have a good pregnancy with no issues. It's comical, as everyday I wake up and still check under the duvet to make sure I have a bump. As if I'm going to wake up from this dream. Even though I'm excited and nervous for his arrival, I'll certainly miss the pregnant part.

5 comments:

  1. I was wondering if Cora's best friend was going to make an appearance today!!

    I already miss being pregnant! So I really so understand that!

    Good to know your ok and doing well! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping your silence meant a little man was being pushed out!

    I've been hovering between, I can't wait to see baby and I want to stay pregnant because it may not happen again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEs Jess!! That is exactly it! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. We'll I'm waiting for all of you to push your babies out so I can get my turn ;) I figured the reason it hasn't happened yet is the world can't cope with too many infertile pregnant at once.

    I agree with Jess, I thought the silence was because a birth was going on!!! Get on all the old wives tales, curries, sex, bouncing up and down.... Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaah why did I not think of the praying malarkey?! Quick, tell every infertile u know, there will be no more infertility if we just pray. I can believe I put myself thru all this crap when the answer was that simple. (end sarcastic font)

    ReplyDelete