Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Infertile Ingrid returns


Actually, she's never left.

 I believe me missing being pregnant, is fueling my jealousy of more pregnant announcements. DH came home from his parents and gave me the news SIL (I like, that is stationed in Italy) is pregnant yet again. She told me she was just wanting 2, but I knew she would end up with a third. The girl can't properly take her BCP.

I'm not as upset, due to being lucky enough to have my son. Infertile Ingrid is just upset in the sense
she may not be able to have the family she always wanted. On the other hand, I should be happy with what I have since others may not even be able to achieve that. I'm not sure about a second go around..if it is even possible.

The OB did ask me what I wanted for BC and I just sniggered. I told him I was undecided at this time. An IF gets lucky and you want to throw BC at me?!! I'm not wasting money on that; it's just unnecessary. Of course my mother chimes in with she knows this neighbor of a friend who tried for 3 years, had a baby then got pregnant 2 months afterwards. Ughhhh. She had learned nothing of me correcting her when it comes to IF advice. If only it wasn't demeaning to spray her with water every time she says something "helpful" about IF.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, my baby hasn't even arrived yet and these thoughts have crossed my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like you have it balanced out in your mind though. If it does take another long time to.conceive (if you ntnp or ttc in future) it would give your body time to heal, give your wee boy some exclusive time with mum & dad and give you all time to adjust, get settled into your home, etc. But if you are one of those mysterious ladies who suddenly becomes uber fertile after birth... Then you'll still have all your baby stuff handy and you'll get to raise the babies closer together.
    I think there's positives to raising a singleton and raising siblings. Whatever happens you have us to support you all The way! X

    ReplyDelete