Monday, April 21, 2014

When did MIL get her P.H.D.?

I know I've said this before, but everyone has an opinion on how to care for YOUR child. For fuck's sake people, I'm doing the best I can. I'm reading baby books when I have a bit of time, consulting other current mothers, and asking my own mother at times for advice.

What I don't care for is MIL pushing her advice on me. Number 1, I don't recall asking for it and two, I know my son best. You spend a few hours with him on Saturdays, I'm with him everyday.

I'm no medical professional. When it comes to medical concerns with my son, I consult the pedi. MIL has "advised" me to push back the foreskin on my circumcised son. My understanding is that they are leaving a little bit more foreskin on, as it even out in growth with age. She seems to think it needs to be retracted every nappy change. I wouldn't think yanking on a wanker 8 times a day, would be comfortable. I'm not concerned about it, as it's not inflamed and the meatus is not covered.

I'm going to consult the pedi at his next appointment.

4 comments:

  1. Jeez. At least being England the circumcised fella on my fella will never be an issue.

    Who died and made her foreskin queen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is circumcision normal in England Steph? You have to pat over here. I left my guy intact.

    ReplyDelete