Wednesday, October 9, 2013

From infertility to pregnancy: what doesn't change!

In no particular order:

1. Chocolate is still your friend. And McDonald's French fries (unless you're first tri, then it's vile). Actually, any drive thru establishment, restaurant, and takeaway still makes you feel better.

2. Stretchy jogging trousers or sweatpants are still a wardrobe staple around this time. 

3. You're still visiting that damn aisle with the pads, tampons, etc. to buy panty liners. Yeah, I leak enough to warrant wearing those. And you're going to have to abundance after labour because the witch is going to came back with a vengeance. 

4. You still check the crumpled toilet paper for blood!!

5. Your sex life is still lacking.

6. You still glare at pregnant women without realizing it. Especially those young mothers who look like they're barely out of secondary school still make you cringe.

7. Even though you're huge, men may hold open doors for you. But women with small, unruly children will still let them run smack dab into you. Don't expect an apologetic look. Not happening.

8. You still receive unsolicited advice from everything about vaginal birthing to BFing, to cloth nappies versus disposables, the list goes on. As usual, you continue to ignore such "helpful" advice.

9. You're still afraid of the future. This time you fear deformities, late term miscarriage, not taking to motherhood, stillbirth, and even SIDs. Your infertile mind still wants you to be prepared for the worst that could happen.

10. I still don't wish to talk about my current health status. With my IF diagnosis, I told some people but after a while stopped talking about it because no one seemed to care. Now with my pregnancy, I just don't feel it is anyone's business. Which still makes me wonder why other pregnant women are willing to give you every detail about their pregnancy. I guess I will never understand! 




No comments:

Post a Comment