Friday, October 25, 2013

Maybe I'm just too sensitive?

Before SIL (I like) left for overseas, she put together a bag of secondhand clothing from her son. Which was very kind of her, as they are going to be about the same size being both born in December. I certainly don't expect anything from SIL, I hate...or would I take anything she is offering.

However, a good half of the baby clothing had obvious food and formula stains. It took a little work and soaking with potent baby stain remover, but I got the stains out. Now I may be wrong, but I would think if you're going to pass on clothing at least make sure it is in presentable condition. I don't even donate any items to local charity shops, unless they're in good used condition (no stains, rips, etc).

Now I'm not snooty in receiving secondhand clothing, as majority of his clothing I bought at a consignment shop. While I believe the gesture was nice, she should've taken the time to get the stains out or leave them out of the pile. When she was expecting my niece, I attended her baby shower and bought over $100 worth of clothing and baby items. I certainly don't expect the same in return; I am fully capable of providing for my son. It's just that I wish she would have gave the clothes a second look.

Pointless rant, that I had to get off my chest.

3 comments:

  1. I agree. I've passed many bags of clothes onto relatives when Corrie was much younger, and always washed & ironed everything and made sure it looked ok. I wouldn't give away anything that I wouldn't be happy with myself. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree with you. Doesn't matter for whom, I make sure the clothes I give are stain free and clean. That's just rude.

    ReplyDelete