Sunday, February 3, 2013

How did I get roped into making buffalo chicken dip?

Somehow my supervisor nominated me to make buffalo chicken dip for work on Super Bowl Sunday. That's like a national holiday in the south, let alone the US. I really don't give a rats arse. In fact, my tradition is to go the shopping mall and do some damage. But I work today, which is just a waste because everyone will be at their little Super Bowl festivities. Yay me! Not. I mean the dip is fantastic and calorie laden at that, though I did try to cut back where I could. As long as I come home with a licked clean crockpot, so I won't sit there and eat it all. I see why everyone is so large down here. Food tastes good in the south.

Last night those infertile thoughts crept up on me again. I don't know how I'm going to handle being around the in laws more than I have to. I just don't feel comfortable over there with "grand kids" picture frames covering every inch of their wall, staring at me. And of course my in laws carrying on and on about the latest grandchild. Like your infertile daughter in law gives a shit. I believe I'm just going to hide at my fathers home and tell them I'm much too busy with my fathers renovations to visit. I wonder how long that excuse will last, till they complain to my husband. Why do they want me to see me anyways, I don't have a baby for them to fuss over? They don't come and visit us when we live in another state as well. What does it matter that I, "keep up appearances" at their home? It doesn't, really.

2 comments:

  1. Who cares if they complain? You have a valid reason. Infertility has given me the attitude of "f*ck you, if I'm uncomfortable then I'm taking care of myself".

    Screw them. They obviously have no sensitivity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jess, one thing I've learnt from this whole bizarre journey we're on is that there is nothing better than self preservation. Im sick of 'keeping up appearances' to make everyone else feel good, then going home and feeling like shit. The past few family get together we've missed, I don't have the energy or desire to spend the day surrounded by young babies, children and pregnant woman. I think the in laws are starting to get the message now.

    Believe it or not Super Bowl Sunday also made it over the pond, I have a plethora of tired and weary looking students this morning who haven't slept because they spent the night in the pub watching the game. I admit I did do it once, but only once. I had no idea what was happening!

    ReplyDelete