Thursday, February 7, 2013

I like to wake up and start my day with a pregnancy announcement.

Please note the sarcastic, bitchy tone.

This is not just the annoying, and still hurtful Fertilebook, erm Facebook announcement. I deleted that stupid thing forever ago and have an IF Facebook with my close IF mates. This announcement was said to my face. 

I was dropping my DH on base, and his workmate wanted to talk to me. This guy isn't the sharpest tool in the garden shed and just likes to talk about nonsense. I've concluded he may not be all together there.  He was telling me about the miniature zoo at his home and slipped in there that his daughter is 7 weeks pregnant. Are you kidding me??!! The girl is barely out of her teens, just married her military boyfriend, and is pregnant?! I can't say that I'm surprised because that's how it goes with military couples. My husband and I are the odd ones out being in our late 20s, early 30s and childless. In general military breeding standards (like rabbits, really), I should be toting along 4 children already and maybe expecting my fifth. Anyways, I know my reaction was less than favorable. I couldn't bring myself to fake a smile; I didn't even try. I just congratulated him and exited the conversation. On the way home, I started to cry. It's not fair. Not one bit.

I was a little taken aback that he said that, because I figured my DH would have confided in him about IF. Also, I have learned that his mate is aware of our struggles. Though, I cannot be that angry at him because he doesn't seem to have it together mentally. Believe me, I did want to tell him off for announcing it. I certainly had to hold that back. 

It's the reproductive chapter in AP II, the lecture of IF, nearing 3 years, more former schoolmates getting pregnant, the newest nephew, nearing ovulation is just getting to me. I'm having to focus on sex and procreation more than I want to. The irony of all this is going to make my head explode. 

1 comment:

  1. Guys don't really know how to approach this stuff. It's sad but I've starting giving males a free pass when it comes to the sensitive stuff. Hope this part of AP is over soon! Seems like an awful lot of time to spend on that area.

    ReplyDelete