Monday, August 19, 2013

Etsy Rant 2

This time I ordered a cute Dr. Suess blanket, with adorable patchwork print and backed with that minky fabric. It was a custom order, so it was made clear on the page 3-4 week production time. No problem, as I'm in no hurry. Note, that this is a notorious shop on Etsy that even celebrities have ordered from. Tori Spelling, if you consider her reputable. I do not.

The shop owner PMs me to let me know she is putting my blanket in the post today. I was pleased, even though I was expecting to wait 3-4 weeks. Thursday, I stalked our rude postman to see if my parcel had arrived. If you've ever ordered anything off of Folksy or Etsy, you're anticipating seeing the quality custom work. Then spend the next 30 minutes in awe, that people have that sort of talent. That moment when you pull it out of the package, is everything. I pull it out of the package and frown. 

The blanket was covered in these dark brown hairs. It's as if they let their animal wallow all over my son's blanket, that I paid good money for. Sorely disappointed, I march back up to my flat and leave crap feedback for the owner. If there was only a small patch, I wouldn't be fussed....the amount of hair and crap presentation from a notorious shop is unacceptable. 

I'm guessing the owner gets a PM alert of she gets crap feedback, as she PMed me back. A rather I unapologetic PM, and saying I'm trying to defame her shop as she doesn't own any pets. Instead, the fibers were minky. I understand that minky sheds when cut, but that is a lot of brown minky fibers. I also pointed out that no where on her shop site or page listings does she state she is pet free. She kept relentlessly PMing me to change my crap review. Just take it as constructive criticism and stfu! 

After the second day of this, I ignore her PMs and she sends me a email showing thru PayPal she refunded my shipping price. At this point, the woman is begging me to edit my review about the hairs. Thing is I can only edit it to positive, which of course she did not deserve. Especially since she is acting like a pest! I edited the review, but still threw in my disappointment about unidentified hairs.  
Never will I do business with her again! Sheesh.

1 comment:

  1. Only refunded the shipping? If she wanted a positive review that badly, she should have said, send it back and I'll send another.

    Biznatch.

    ReplyDelete