Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Ingrid, the infertile side of me

I've decided to name the infertile side of me, that isn't going to ever go away. She's here to say and has already made herself at home. Since I'm feeling schizo trying to balance pregnancy and the infertile mind, I've decided she should have a name (and one I'm not fond of). Wow, I really sound off my rocker. I promise, I'm not!

Ingrid has been acting out lately. As stupid as this sounds, I still get a twinge of jealousy over baby announcements. Ridiculous, isn't it? Ingrid overcomes me when I first walk into baby shops (I get fear and anxiety) and in the doctor's office. All the newborns, children, and bumps still give me anxiety. I'm not understanding why either. Perhaps, I should've paid closer attention in Psych classes.

Then Ingrid gets to thinking, will I ever have a second child? Should I just be happy with what I have and call it day? I'm afraid to go back to the beginning of the line, to that dark place. DH wants another and so do I, to an extent. I suppose we'll see, when that time comes.

2 comments:

  1. Lmao! I've thought it too, when I see pregnant women waddle their way to the front of lines. This isn't Greece, we have no special cutting privileges, get your arse back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahaha. I've been thinking the same thing. Ever since I saw a barely pregnant bump park in the pregnant spot at the grocery store, lol. I had some nice swears going under my breath.

    Ingrid, it's catchy. I need a name now.

    ReplyDelete