Monday, August 26, 2013

I somehow survived!

The party was bigger than expected and outside in humid 90 (F) weather. Every time, I turned around someone was inquiring about how I was feeling or my due date. I had never received such attention from the in-law's extended family. The only positive about the heat was I was able to excuse myself inside to cool off, and mainly escape more questions about my pregnancy. Festivities lasted until 7pm  when everyone was pissed, because they've been drinking since 1pm.

MIL has been acting interested about the pregnancy. She's glad she is gaining another grandchild since the 3 from SIL (I hate) barely speak to them and live on the other side of the country, and the other 2 are leaving the States. She went to ask questions about everything including if I was having a baby shower. I told her I am not....no one has said anything about throwing one, and neither side of my family has had one. They're all old school Scottish, English, Russian, Polish, and Italian. However I would not turn down gifts, even used baby items. She didn't seem satisfied with that answer.

I feel slightly disappointed I'm not having one, then again I do not. There are kind friends of the family that are making me blankets, people have passed on baby clothes, and working my peon job has afforded me the baby items I want. I don't have to sit there and be fussed over, smelling "poo" in the nappies trying to guess which chocolates it is, or do I have to deal with the hassle of returning thousands of bibs when you only need so many. I wouldn't dare throw one for myself, that just seems tacky. Sorry MIL, you will live without a baby shower.




No comments:

Post a Comment