Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Why are people already asking me if I'm going to have another?!

His aunt asked me this.
His cousins did as well.
Family friends asked.
And MIL asked. In which that one irks me, as she knows we've faced IF. Seriously woman, must you ask me that?

I just replied to all of them, if we're able to, we will try to have another. Right now, I'd like to concentrate on the one, I thought I would never have.

Infertile Ingrid tells me not to push my luck, take what I can and never go back to that dark place again. Pregnant Penelope says I should not compromise my initial dream of having 2 children due to IF. She points out that I am strong enough to push it further and achieve the second child. I'm conflicted over it.

If people hadn't asked me this weekend, it wouldn't even be a pondering thought in my head right now! It really shouldn't be. I need to focus on my son, and people need to keep their inquiries to themselves. This is why I don't like speaking about my pregnancy to others. I cannot understand for the life of me, why pregnant women share every little detail. Bragging rights? They like to dominate the conversation? They're smug, showy cows? Who knows.


No comments:

Post a Comment