Thursday, September 12, 2013

When to tell my job to f*** off?

I had in mind telling them this week, my last day would be the 30th...as I don't want to be working up until I give birth. I'm not bothering with maternity leave, as this job pays peanuts and would not cover the expenses of child care.

That also gives me 6-10 weeks to switch my insurance location to near my parents, set up the nursery, and wrap up the last little bits. Realistically, I haven't a clue as to how much time you should allow yourself to get ready. My biggest worry is going into labour and not having the nursery finished!

I've got it worked out that it would be best to give birth near my parents. That way if my husband is still in the military, he will get 10 days maternity leave then his Christmas block leave in December. After that we go back to KY and wait some more. If he happens to get out, then I will already have the baby settled and can just worry about hauling the rest of our belongings.

So either I tell them to stuff the position out their arse the end of the month, or mid October? I can only take so much of lazy, tyrant supervisors and rude patrons. What to do, what to do...

2 comments:

  1. Can't tell you what to do cause I'm not sure myself. I'm hoping to give myself 6 weeks off before my due date but I don't know if that's too much or too little either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say go sooner rather than later.
    Moving is stressful, so giving yourself plenty time to declutter, sort & pack will make it less stressful I Think.x

    ReplyDelete