Sunday, November 18, 2012

I Need an Escape

Isn't there some sort of remote island I can travel to that's reasonably priced with no women or children? Preferably hot cabana boys in speedos. I just need a break from my life. The end of the year and another birthday is coming down on me. I'm not ready for either.

We were eating at a busy little diner today and our waitress stopped in front of our table to talk to someone several feet away and discuss her pregnancy. Of all the tables in the diner, let's stop in front of the IF's while they're trying to enjoy lunch. Grrrr.

I also feel really guilty about not going home this Christmas. I already suggested my DH go and visit and I'll stay at my mother's. But he's not having it. It's a lose, lose situation all the way around. Do I go around the pregnant SIL and his family just to please them and be miserable, or do I stay away and have them being upset with me? I'm the one who has to live with IF and the depression-anxiety it brings...so when I can avoid those situations I do it for the sake of my sanity. I wish they understood. But they never will, because they never had to endure that pain.


No comments:

Post a Comment