Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Argument over stretch marks.

I'm not fussed by stretch marks, I've got them from losing gaining weight, and on my boobs (I used to be a very flat A cup). I'm about to be in a D cup very soon. My are faded white, and a few purple ones on my boobs. I also know with pregnancy you're bound to get them, unless you have fantastic genes. Bring on the stripes!

Weeks back, my husband and I were in Nashville doing some shopping. I decided to set foot in one of those maternity shops for some bands to go around my jeans. Brought them to the register and the sales woman was trying to sell more items...being completely ignorant to motherhood, I nearly caved in.

This cow showed me this organic stretch mark serum and cream, that was supposed to some miracle potion in a bottle. I would get no stretch marks if I spent an extra $30 on this. I sniggered and looked at her stating, "Unless you have good genes, you will get stretch marks. They're unavoidable". She starts arguing with me about stretch marks!! Look bitch, your skin is made up of 75% of collagen; collagen is not elastic. Therefore when the skin stretches to it's limits, it tears and new collagen grows in leaving a mark! This is hereditary. Therefore if your mother has stretch marks from previous pregnancies, then you will most likely as well. Ok I didn't call her a bitch, but I explained it physiologically. She still didn't look like she grasped the concept, when I told her I wasn't buying the damn creams.

I may be ignorant when it comes to motherhood, but not when it comes to my body. I actually did buy some cheap over the counter lotion from the drugstore, but only for my itchy skin.

3 comments:

  1. I get As in anatomy bitch, I know my shit. (That's what you should have said, lol).

    There's also some BS about Olive OIl and stretch marks I do believe. Ah well, stretch marks are good IMO. We've almost been *waiting* for stretchmarks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And man alive, if you went from A to D. I'm going to be crazy. I've gone from D to DD with IVF alone! :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that crap too. The sad thing she looked serious about these creams! I told her twice, I'm going to get them and I'm not worried about them! I've been waiting to earn those marks! Bring on the mommy tummy afterwards! Lol.

      I should've specified that I'm actually a C pre-pregnancy. Your boobs will go up one to two cup sizes. Bonus! Lol.

      Delete