Friday, May 24, 2013

Boobs and bras

I remember the first time in primary school my mother dragged me into the bra shop to be fitted. By no means did I have some knockers, it was just time to wear a bra. The saleswoman didn't make it any less awkward measuring my A chest. Just give me this white little number and let's be done with it. Too bad bra shopping doesn't get any easier as you age!

Wednesday my husband took me shopping in Nashville and I had to return to the maternity shop. Yes, the one where I argued with that ignorant twat about stretch mark cream. Lol. I had no choice as my bras were starting to cut into me and needed to purchase some. As I walked in, she gave me a fake salesperson hello. Wonderful. I went up to the maternity bra wall, and started picking out a few wireless numbers to try on. Maybe that will be comfortable? I'm not entirely sure of the difference between regular bras and maternity, they looked the same to me. Snooty saleswoman buzzes over trying to give her input, I tell her I'm just ready for a fitting room.

Bra number 1 slide all over my chest. I suppose if you have zero wires, you're relying on the foam for support. Bra number 2 looked like something my 85yr old grandmother would wear. I felt like I needed gold bangles up my arms, a caftan, and a pack of Virginia Slims to complete the look. I didn't even bother with Bra number 3. Cue annoying saleswoman, who materialized out of thin air. She then takes it upon herself to load me up with 3 wired bras and sends me back in the dressing room. Why do I feel like I'm 12 again?! Lol.

These bras looked like ones I already at home! My 12yr old self flashed before my eyes, remembering how much I hated trying on bras because it takes hours and I can't ever find the right one. Marched out of the fitting room without trying on the bras, I already knew they weren't the right ones. And why the hell did she slip another grandmother bra in there? She must still be bitter about the stretch mark argument. Threw the bras on the counter, told her I wasn't going with any bras today and would rather have that lovely purple maxi featured in the window. Gladly left that place, and hopefully won't have to go back!

1 comment:

  1. Lol, you painted such a lovely picture of an 85 year old grandmother. Although my 80 year old grandmother told me to make sure I wear an underwire with my bras!

    :O

    That was my South American grandmother (definitely not my east-indian one, lol!)

    ReplyDelete