Monday, July 8, 2013

Rant round 2

Aside from the transition of infertile to pregnant woman, you also have deal with your ignorance on baby products. Especially if this is your first and even if you struggled with secondary infertility. It's a headache trying to figure out what you truly need versus falling into the baby marketing traps. You don't need a wipe or bottle warmer, a changing table, baby bath tub, or even baby washcloths! Before buying a pram, you will need to test drive it. Yes, I just said that. At the baby department store the other day, they literally had a leather clad bench with seat belts so you can "drive" your pram. Which leads me to my rant.....

I've done my homework on prams and narrowed it down to some choices. My SIL even agreed a pram is the most expensive baby item on the list. She had 3 prams she didn't really care for, sold 2 and still has 2 double pushchairs. I've also made a condensed baby items list and cut costs where we could. I've used vouchers, bought items on clearance, scoured Craigslist for deals, you name it. Just so we can have $$$ to invest in a pram.

Here's the problem....

My DH is throwing his toys out of the pram about the prices. The pram/pushchairs I've picked out range from 500USD to 729USD. Mind you these are quality, have large baskets (except for one) and have wheels that provide a smooth ride for baby. I plan on getting some use out of the pram since I'm passing on a baby carrier. I will also need to get my bum out walking to lose the baby weight. DH thinks it's too much money and is pushing me to find cheaper options. I've explained to him all my valid arguing points. It falls on deaf ears. When it comes to prams, you get what you pay for!!! They have prams out on the market for 1200USD! I explained it will be more expensive if we end up having a pram graveyard. Then we'll really have wasted money, because I won't use any of them!

Men, they think they know everything.

3 comments:

  1. Jax, are you a brit living in the US? I totally didn't know but had this growing hunch with some of the terms.

    Pram pushed me over and I need to ask, lol.


    Oooh, add a link to the prams!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no. Just some British, Scottish, Italian, and Polish roots. Both of my great grandparents immigrated over to America.

      Actually the stroller style I want is called a pram. You know those old vintage baby carriages? They're also called prams and are very modernized these days. If it has a bassinet attachment it is called a pram. However this one is also a pushchair because it converts for the child facing upright. Stroller is too broad of a term, since there's conversions to attach your car seat which then that's a transport system, or the pram I want.

      http://mutsy.com/usen/evo/#configure-color:evr-seat:cot-finishing:sta

      Delete
  2. Oooh, I like that! The fact that it can go from bassinet to seat makes it worth the price. What are the reviews like?

    ....

    I'm taking mental notes for later. I really like this style.

    ReplyDelete