Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Oh this is how we're going to start 2013?!

I just want to jump in a time machine back to 2007, that was a great year for me. Perhaps I could go back and edit my controlling finance, get diagnosed with endo earlier, and rock my size 4 figure more than I did. *Sigh*

My day started off like complete shit. I had a hair appointment for a root touch-up and a cut at 9am. It was with a different stylist, because my usual was on vacation. Note, I didn't really mind as my usual stylist is so-so at cuts. Kristen says she can squeeze me in early, no problem.

I leave early, as this place is all the way in TN (a good 35 minute drive). I arrived a little early and went in as they opened the doors. Now, I was unsure which one it was as I don't know all their names with a face. I asked if Kristen was there and received a dumbfounded look as a response. Erm, alright where is she then? I don't mind if she's late, shit happens. Then one bright girl (voice dripping with sarcasm) decided to call her. Apparently, Kristen had me in her schedule book for 2pm! I gave the bright red-head a funny look and told her I didn't agree to 2pm, as I have other things to do. Kristen then decided to ring me on my Crapberry for damage control. She apologized, I was still quite furious, and then asked if I could come tomorrow. No, bitch! This is my last day off for the rest of the week, hence why I made it for toady and drove all the way over here. There was no mentioning of I'll be in, stay there, a root touch up doesn't take forever, or I'll discount the service for you and we can schedule soon. I mean it's not like they had some idiot receptionist mix up the times, they do their own books!!!!!

Needless to say I will never go back to that salon again.

Next, I tried to call round to other salons that could fit me in. I found one that came recommended to squeeze me. I arrive once again, and wait in the waiting room. I notice a heavily pregnant stylist and a not pregnant one. I'm sitting there thinking, please don't let the pregnant stylist be mine, please oh please. She asks if my name is Jackie! Really?! Can this day be any more ironic!!!

While I'm waiting another pregnant girl with an infant, walks in waiting for her brows to be done. Her vagina must be a baby dispenser. She chats with the pregnant stylist about everything from delivery, hospital, names, you name it. I'm like for fuck sake's can we get someone to wax this cow's eyebrows so we can get her out?! I was about ready to go over and do it myself.

I get to the pregnant stylist, she's nice..we talk shop and she doesn't mention her pregnancy. Oh course at one point it was coming, and she mentioned it open ended. I ignored the comment and changed the subject. I also kept my eyes down when I was talking to her so I didn't have to look at her bump nearly bumping me.

Out of all this shit, at least my hair came out looking decent. Sad thing is I'll have to go back to her because she did a good job on both my color and cut. Maybe I'll wait till after March when she has the baby.

Yeah that's the start of my year!

2 comments:

  1. Oh lawd, what crap. Can't even get frickin' hair done.

    (((hugs))) I hope 2013 is wonderful for you. I hate seeing everyone so sad when they are the most deserving. No one deserves this shiznit.

    On another note, I was so happy to get rid of my cranberry, lol.

    On another another note, how stupid would it be if the word verification, to post comments, had something to do with pregnancy?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I can't even get my hair done without it having to do with something baby!! This world is ridiculous.

    Lol, cranberry. I hate my crapberry, it's going in the bin when I decide what mobile I want to get. I usually donate it to the abused, battered women shelter so they're able to call for help, but they'd probably try to give it back to me!

    I hope 2013 is someone in our friends group year!!

    ReplyDelete